The representatives of the communications administrations of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Republic of Belarus, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Russian Federation, the Republic of Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, the Republic of Uzbekistan, as well as representatives Beltelecom (Republic of Belarus), OJSC Giprosvyaz (Republic of Belarus), FSUE NIIR (Russian Federation), PJSC "Rostelecom" (Russian Federation), OJSC "Tajiktelecom" (Republic of Tajikistan), Pochtai Tojik (Republic of Tajikistan), Electronic Government Development Center Republic of Uzbekistan, SUE "UNICON.UZ" (Republic of Uzbekistan) and the RCC Executive Committee.
As the invited participant in the work of the joint meeting took part Mr. Farid Nakhli - Program Coordinator of the ITU Area Office for the CIS.
The Chairman of the RCC Commission for the Coordination of International Cooperation, Deputy Minister of Telecom and Mass Communications of the Russian Federation, Mr. Rashid Ismailov and the Director General of the RCC Executive Committee, Mr. Nurudin Mukhitdinov opened joint meeting.
The Chairman of the RCC Commission for the Coordination of International Cooperation, Deputy Minister of Telecom and Mass Communications of the Russian Federation Mr.Rashid Ismailov held joint meeting.
The following issues were considered at the meeting:
- Preparation of RCC Communications Administrations for the ITU Plenipotentiary Conference in 2018 (PP-18);
- On the interaction of the Regional Commonwealth in the field of communication with international and regional organizations in order to prepare for the ITU and UPU forums;
- On the results of the meeting within the framework of the meeting of the Com-ITU;
- Participation in the 2-nd meeting of the Preparatory Group for the Plenipotentiary Conference of 2018 of the APT;
- On the Action Plan for implementing the decisions of the 26th UPU Congress and preparations for the UPU Extraordinary Congress;
- The results of the work of the Communications Administrations RCC delegations at the World Telecommunication Development Conference 2017 (WTDC-17) and the preparation of the RCC CAs for WTDC-21;
- Preparation of the RCC for the World Telecommunication Standardization Assembly 2020 (WTSA-20);
- The results of the meetings of the ITU Council Working Groups and the Group of Experts on the ITRs and preparations for the ITU Council in 2018;
- Preparation for the final meeting of the ITU Expert Group on the International Telecommunication Regulations;
- On the implementation of the Decisions of the 33-rd meeting of the RCC Commission on Coordination of International cooperation (August 30, 2017, Baku, the Republic of Azerbaijan).
Based on the results of the consideration of the agenda items, the relevant decisions were adopted.
The next meeting of the ITU Working Group on working with the RCC Commission on coordination of international cooperation is scheduled to be held in June 2018 to review and prepare the RCC Common Proposals for the ITU Plenipotentiary Conference in 2018.
In conclusion, the participants of the joint meeting expressed their gratitude to the RCC Executive Committee for the qualitative organization of the joint 34-th meeting of the RCC Commission on Coordination of International Cooperation and the 20-th meeting of the ITU Working Group on working with the ITU in the videoconference.