This seminar is intended for ministries, regulators, telecom operators, universities and general education institutions, telecommunication equipment manufacturers, research and development institutes, software developers and other interested stakeholders of the ITU Member States, Sector Members and Associates from Europe and CIS.
With welcoming speech to the participants of the ITU Regional Workshop adressed:
First Deputy Minister of communications and Informatization of the Republic of Belarus – Mr. Dmitry G. Shedko.
The Head of the ITU Regional office for the CIS countries and Georgia - Mr. Kirill V. Oparin.
Deputy General Director of the RCC Executive Committee – Mrs. Natalya E. Zorya.
Deputy Director for science and development of OJSC "Giprosvyaz" – Mr. Vladimir M. Ivashko.
The first day of the ITU Regional Workshop included reports and presentations on the following issues:
- The role of the ITU Radio Regulation Board in the implementation of advanced technologies;
- Activities of the ITU Radiocommunication Bureau;
- Regulation of the use of radio frequency spectrum for satellite systems in the Russian Federation;
- The use of UAVs for satellite spectrum monitoring and interference hunting satellite Radiocommunication services;
- Experience in the development of space communication system "KazSat".
At the end of the first day of the ITU Regional Workshop the participants summed up the work, noting that the discussion of the issues was held in a constructive and friendly atmosphere.
On May 23, the second final day of the ITU Regional Workshop will be held, at the end of which its planned to hold the 5-th meeting of the Working group on satellite technologies under the RCC Telecommunication and Infocommunication operators Board.