The Conference is a global forum for identifying priorities in the field of telecommunications development. The Conference will adopt the Declaration and Dubai Plan of Action, which are aimed at creating of real global information society.
WTDC- 14 was preceded by a Strategic Dialogue of leaders on issue of broadband link in the interest of sustainable development, which provided platform for interactive discussion of trends, challenges and opportunities in the telecommunication/ ICT sector.
Chairman of the WTDC- 14 was elected Mr. Mohamed Nasser Al - Ghanim, Chairman of the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority of the UAE. In his opening statement at the Conference, he stressed that the UAE joined the ITU in 1972 and one of the youngest members of the Union, and it`s a great honor
to hold such important global forum of telecommunications development. ITU Secretary-General Dr. H.Ture in his opening speech expressed the confidence that the WTDC- 14 solutions will allow successfully and effectively solve of the problems of building the global information society and problem of the digital divide.
At the Conference registered the record number of delegates in the history of the WTDCs - more than 1,600 people, including representatives from over 115 countries and 70 international and regional organizations as well as public and private sectors companies.
From the RCC registered 11 communications administrations: Azerbaijan Republic, Republic of Armenia, Republic of Belarus, Georgia, Republic
of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Republic of Moldova, Russian Federation, Republic of Tajikistan, Republic of Uzbekistan, Ukraine, as well as representatives from the RCC Executive Committee .
For considerations of the Conference from the RCC Cas submitted 19 Common Proposals, including 5 Regional initiatives.
Representatives from the RCC Cas that elected to the Conference Leadership :
- for the post of Vice - Chairman of WTDC- 14 - Director of International Cooperation Department of the Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications
of the Russian Federation, R. Ismailov;
- for the post of Vice - Chairman of the Committee 2 (Budgetary Control) - Head
of Finance and Labor PA "Baku Telephone Communications ", S. Yarakhmedov;
- for the post of Vice - Chairman of the Committee 3 (Objectives) - Head
of Department of International Cooperation and Information Support of the State Communications Agency of the Kyrgyz Republic A. Tilenbaev;
- for the post of Vice - Chairman of the Committee 4 (ITU-D Working Methods) - Vice Rector of Odessa National Academy of Telecommunications. A. Popov (Ukraine) V. Kaptur;
- for the post of Vice - Chairman of Committee 5 (Editorial Committee) - Senior Research officer of the Center EMC Analysis RTC FSUE NIIR (Russian Federation) V. Minkin;
- For the post of Vice - Chairman of the Working Group on the Strategic Plan and the Declaration - General Manager - Chief of Staff of JSC "Kazakhtelecom"
The Conference continues in committees and working groups.