At the kind invitation of the Administration of communication of Kyrgyzstan, The Telecommunication Development Bureau (BDT) of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) organized a regional seminar-workshop "Digital broadcasting implementation". The workshop took place in Sary-Oy, Kyrgyzstan, from 24 to 26 August 2010.
The main objective of the workshop was to share the experience and to provide the participants with the latest information concerning digital broadcasting implementation in the countries of 1-st region.
In seminar took place 62 experts from 8 ITU Members States (7 AC RCC’s members and observers: Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Ukraine and Lithuania).
At a seminar 27 reports by experts of administrations, Telecommunication Development Bureau, radio-frequency bodies, research establishments, representatives of Working Groups and operators in the field of a broadcasting have been presented. Also the round table on sharp problem questions has been spent.
The following matters were discussed during this seminar-workshop:
► Is standard-legal aspects of digital broadcasting implementation, including:
• Government programs on implementation of a digital broadcasting and a way of its realization;
• Technical, commercial aspects of digital broadcasting implementation.
► Experience of implementation of networks and development of standards digital television in the CIS and Baltic countries, namely:
•in Russian Federation;
• in Republic Moldova;
• in the Central and the Western Europe and experience of Lithuania;
• in Ukraine;
• in Kazakhstan;
• in Kyrygzstan.
► Possibilities of networks of a digital broadcasting, including:
• the Network of educational interactive television;
• Protection of a content and a spectrum of services of the operator in modern networks of a paid digital broadcasting;
• Development of interactive services on the basis of digital networks.
► spectrum Harmonization, economic and questions of regulation , including:
• Researches and tests of networks of terrestrial digital broadcasting DVB-H for mobile reception;
• Joint using of the frequency range in terrestrial digital broadcasting networks of standards DVB-T/H
• Using of frequencies in range of 790-862 MHz by broadcasting and mobile radio services.
Participants of a seminar have noticed that the questions set by participants and an exchange spent during a seminar by opinions and experience, will promote increase of efficiency of interaction between administrations of communication and ITU, have thanked for the given possibility of dialogue with experts and colleagues, for a competent choice that discussions, for the magnificent decision of organizational questions. Also they have noticed that, the seminar is rich with practice of dialogue with colleagues that is its unconditional advantage, promoting the maximum mastering of a stated material for experts of administrations of communication of the countries – participants.