The regional seminar-workshop "Management of radio-frequency spectrum and satellite orbits at the international level" took place in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, from 21 to 25 June 2010.
At the kind invitation of the Communications and Information Agency of Uzbekistan, The ITU Radiocommunication Bureau (BR) of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) in collaboration with the Telecommunication Development Bureau (BDT) and with the assistance of the Executive Committee of the Regional Commonwealth in the Field of Communications (RCC) organized a regional seminar-workshop "Management of radio-frequency spectrum and satellite orbits at the international level". The workshop took place in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, from 21 to 25 June 2010.
The main objective of the workshop was to share the experience and to provide the participants with the latest information concerning international spectrum management and improving the efficiency of use of radio-frequency spectrum and satellite orbits.
The following matters were discussed during this seminar-workshop:
- Radiocommunication Sector (ITU-R) and Telecommunication Development Sector (ITU-D) of the International Telecommunication Union - mission, structure, tasks and main activities;
- Principles of radio-frequency spectrum and satellite orbits management at international level - basic regulatory documents and regulation methods;
- Radio Regulations - structure and basic provisions;
- Coordination, notification and registration procedures for frequency assignments belonging to terrestrial and satellite services;
- Procedures for settlement of harmful interference cases and international monitoring of emissions;
- Master International Frequency Register and other BR publications;
- Structure, composition and basic functions of BR software, its use by administrations;
- ITU-R Study Groups - structure and most vital subjects of studies;
- Preparations for World Radio Conference 2012 (WRC-12), current situation referring to studies, draft Report of the Conference Preparatory Meeting for WRC-12;
- Implementation of the GE06 Digital Broadcasting Plan in RCC countries;
- Role and main activities of RCC in the area of frequency spectrum management at the regional level;
- Regulatory, economic and technical methods and means of improving the efficiency of spectrum use;
- Key decisions of the World Telecommunication Development Conference 2010 (WTDC-10) referring to the RCC countries.
The seminar-workshop agenda also included practical exercises on the use of BR software applied for notification, verification and examination of frequency notices sent by administrations to BR, as well RB database access facilities.
The seminar was open to specialists from administrations, regulatory bodies, frequency management organizations, R&D institutions, equipment developers and manufacturers, as well as other interested agencies from ITU Members States, Sectors Members and Associates from CIS countries and Baltic states.