CIS members states Strategy of cooperation in the informatization area and the Action Plan on its realization for the period up to 2010.
Strategy is the major point within the limits of activity of Regional commonwealth in the field of communication (RCC).
It is developed taking into consideration national programs of informatizaon and interstate and regional programs and projects. The main purposes are formulated in concordance with principles and positions stated in resulting documents of the The World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) which was held in two phases. The first phase took place in Geneva hosted by the Government of Switzerland from 10 to 12 December 2003, and the second phase took place in Tunis hosted by the Government of Tunisia, from 16 to 18 November 2005.
The Strategy project was developed by experts from the CIS countries and repeatedly discussed at sessions of RCC Informatization Commission and Coordination council of the CIS member states for informatization attached to RCC. It was and also taken out for public discussions and was finished taking into account offers and remarks of subjects of the market and the wide public.
Realization of Strategy is carried out in following directions:
- creation of the positive environment for development and strengthening of cooperation in the field of ICT;
- harmonization of legislations and working out of uniform technical regulations in the field of ICT;
- development of new directions of ICT application;
- granted information services in a single ICT space;
- information security.
A number of actions are already being embodied:
- the Interstate program of creation of a network of the information-marketing centers for advancement of the goods and services on the national markets of CIS member states;
- cooperation in the field of introduction and development of a telemedicine, realization of the project of creation of compatible consultation-diagnostic telemedical systems in the countries of participants RCC;
- cooperation in the field of creation of information systems of the passport and visa control with use of biometric technologies;
- system engineering of the indicators characterizing a condition of development of an information technology in the CIS countries and their readiness for an information society;
- realization of actions in the field of information security;
- formation of fundamental approaches in the field of standardization of ICT.